Speaker: Sabrina Merali, RN, MN, and Margaret Dykeman, PhD, NP, Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario; Sabrina Merali, Program Manager, RNAO
- Provide an overview of the RNAO International Affairs and Best Practice Guidelines Centre to develop an understanding of the guideline purpose, scope, and background.
- Discuss the mechanism of opiate addictions and use of methadone as a treatment option.
- Identify educational, organizational and policy recommendations to create an environment of support for nurses.
- Identify key practice recommendations in the Best Practice Guideline pertaining to the nurses’ role in Methadone Maintenance Treatment.
- Identify key RNAO initiatives that support nurses in working with clients with Addictions and Mental Health.
Note: This archived webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.