Presenter(s): Brian E. Fingerson, BS Pharm, RPh, FAPhA
About the webinar: Substance Use Disorders (e.g. opioid and other substance disorders) are such in their presentation that the deepening shame and guilt of the dental team member who has the disorder typically leads to more and more isolating behavior as the disorder progresses. Peer assistance programs work with the person with the malady to treat the disorder thus drawing the team member back into being an active and productive member of the dental team. This presentation will follow the process of help for the one who needs the help in learning to live a different way of living with this chronic disorder.
- Give examples of behaviors that can lead other dental team members to the identification of someone with a substance use disorder e.g. opioid dependency
- Show how assessment and referral to appropriate treatment can lead the team member back into an active and productive practice
- A look at various types of group meeting settings where the individual can see, hear, and meet others i.e. peers who have similar disorders
- Show methods of accountability for the person and for the team in allowing the individual back into practice
- Determining factors for whether law enforcement and licensing Boards need to be involved
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.