Presenter(s): Holly Swensen, MSN, APRN, BC, ACHPN, Saint Alphonsus Cancer Care
About the webinar: The goal/purpose of this activity is to review opioid use in palliative and end of life care.
- Identify symptoms that are aided by the use of opioids.
- Increased knowledge of how opioids work to help in control of additional symptoms plus pain.
- Review possible pain syndrome related to palliative and end of life care. (Chronic, Acute, Malignant and End of Life Pain)
- Review the most common opioid routes of administration in end of life care.
- Understand the ethics of opioid use at end of life as stated by the position statement of the American Society for Pain Management Nursing® and Hospice Palliative Nurses Association.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.