Presenter(s): Michael E. Schatman, PhD, CPE, Director of Research, U.S. Pain Foundation
About the webinar: Dental pain, both acute and chronic, is and should be considered a serious problem. While American society’s “war on opioids” has focused primarily on physicians, data indicate that dentists are also frequent prescribers. Few would argue that opioids are not necessary in dental practice. However, a considerable percentage of abused opioids originate in dental practices. This lecture will focus on strategies for dentists to allow them to prescribe, when necessary, in a safe manner – i.e. one that provides their patients with adequate and appropriate analgesia while simultaneously safeguarding against misuse, abuse, overdose, and diversion.
- Identify the moral imperative of opioid prescription in dental practice.
- Recognize the risks to patients, dentists and society associated with opioid prescribing.
- Formulate a rational and practical plan for improving risk mitigation within your dental practice.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.