Presenter(s): Diane Snyder Cowan, MA, MT-BC, CHPCA, Hospice of the Western Reserve, Inc.
Target audience: Physicians, PAs, Nurse Practitioners, RNs, Social Workers, Counselors, and Pastoral Care
About the webinar: Each death from the opioid epidemic results in many bereaved family members and friends. In addition, healthcare providers are also impacted by these deaths. In this webinar, you will learn about grief and loss, grief reactions resulting from an overdose death and approaches in working with these grieving families. Managing cumulative grief will also be reviewed.
- Define grief, loss and related terms
- Discuss common grief reactions resulting from an overdose death
- List three therapeutic approaches for working with clients grieving a loved on lost to an overdose death
- Discuss self-care strategies to manage cumulative grief from death of clients
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.