Presenter(s): Stephen A. Wyatt, DO, Board certified addiction psychiatrist based out of North Carolina and affiliated with Middlesex Hospital
About the webinar: The consequences of the dramatic rise in the opioid overdoses has led to a closer examination of the current prescribing practices of these medications in the treatment of chronic pain. This webinar will give the prescriber and others working with the chronic pain patient tools to; identify patients at risk prior to prescribing, help monitor those currently receiving these medication, and help manage those that have been identified as problematic. There will also be a review of the tools available on the PCSS-O website useful in working with these individuals.
- Prescribers increase knowledge on evidence-based adjunct approaches to treating or managing chronic pain and actionable tools, trainings, and other resources available to prescribers through PCSS-O.
- Prescribers understand the potential for misuse, abuse and diversion of prescribed opioid medications.
- Prescribers will understand the risk factors in the assessment of patients initiating opioid pain medications.
- Prescribers understand the how to and the importance of monitoring patients on opioid medications.
- Prescribes will be better prepared to intervene when problem use is identified and have tools to help the patient.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.