The PCSS-O phone app brings together evidence-based resources available to clinicians in safe and effective use of these medications.
This app includes:
- Information on the assessment of pain including universal precautions for patients receiving opioids;
- Information on opioid management including links to medical guidelines on clinical use in treatment of chronic pain (e.g.: VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines);
- An example of a treatment agreement;
- A discussion of opioid side effects;
- Several clinical tools for assessing level of pain, depression, and risk of opioid abuse;
- Links to guidelines for treatment of specific pain conditions;
Contact information for organizations that may be able to provide further information or assistance.
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by Providers’ Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies (grant nos. 5H79TI023439 and 1H79TI025595) from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reﬂect the ofﬁcial policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.