Presenter(s): Brian Fingerson, RPh
Link to register coming soon!
About the webinar: Substance Use Disorders (e.g. opioid and other substance disorders) are such in their presentation that the deepening shame and guilt of the dental team member who has the disorder typically leads to more and more isolating behavior as the disorder progresses. Peer assistance programs work with the person with the malady to treat the disorder thus drawing the team member back into being an active and productive member of the dental team. This presentation will follow the process of help for the one who needs the help in learning to live a different way of living with this chronic disorder.
- Give examples of behaviors that can lead other dental team members to the identification of someone with a substance use disorder e.g. opioid dependency
- Show how assessment and referral to appropriate treatment can lead the team member back into an active and productive practice
- A look at various types of group meeting settings where the individual can see, hear, and meet others i.e. peers who have similar disorders
- Show methods of accountability for the person and for the team in allowing the individual back into practice
- Determining factors for whether law enforcement and licensing Boards need to be involved