Presenter(s): Deborah E. Davidson, Senior Director, Member Relations and Special Projects, National Council on Patient Information and Education (NCPIE)
About the webinar: The safe use, storage and disposal of medicine webinar will expand on the many reasons why it is important to have a conversation with your patients about the medicines, both prescription and non-prescription (OTC) you are prescribing following a dental visit or surgery, as all medicine have the potential to be misused by the patient or possibly later by another family member or visitor in the home. You want to make sure your patients understand the benefits and potential risks of the medicines they need to take which also helps to promote better health outcomes. Tips and tools for proper storage and safe disposal of unused medicines will also be discussed.
- The resources to ensure patients understand why they need to take medications to achieve expected health outcomes and understand any potential side effects.
- The knowledge to discuss with patients the importance of safe storage of pain medications.
- Skills that will allow them to discuss safe disposal of pain medications with patients.
Continuing education information: The American Dental Association is an ADA CERP recognized provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.